Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: General411 Series 2 history
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

411 Series 2 history

I'm researching the history of my Bristol 411 S2 registration RBY423K (Chassis number 7610116 Engine No E 383/310), first registered in London on 1st May 1972.

I acquired the Bristol in Wakefield from John Newsome, a large bearded Yorkshireman, former dairy farmer and former owner of 40 odd Bristols which he has been selling off one at a time. This 411 was the last intact car remaining. John mentioned he'd owned the Bristol for several years after buying it from an unnamed friend who isn't prepared to make contact because the car was associated with a difficult divorce settlement. The owner prior to this 'friend' lavished considerable expense in restoring the 411 to a very high standard, having it resprayed opalescent gunmetal grey and retrimmed in maroon leather. He had the chrome side strips removed. The car is in beautiful condition. I believe that this 411 was originally painted blue. John Newsome was given a history file by this previous owner but has mislaid it. Does anyone on this forum have any recollection of RBY423K?

I can be contacted at xkeidp@gmail.com

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.