Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Looking for 408 lower ball joints. Part No. 407-1-23169 or an equivalent

These seem out of stock wherever I have asked so far. I would like to buy two new, NOS or very good condition used. They may be unique to Bristol but I am hoping the same parts may have been used on other brands. We know the Jaguar XJS upper ball joint can be used in our cars and I have found some parts from Austin Healey and MG are identical to parts in my 408's front end but, so far, can't find anything that looks like these ball joints. Any thoughts or ideas on a source, please?

David

I think I used Austin Healey on my 409. You are mainly concerned with the the read size/pitch and the taper. It may be you have others that look "different" but in measurements are the same.

Dorien

Quote from Dorien Berteletti on 8 July 2023, 16:18

I think I used Austin Healey on my 409. You are mainly concerned with the the read size/pitch and the taper. It may be you have others that look "different" but in measurements are the same.

Dorien

Thanks for the response, Dorien.

I wish.  The 409 introduced a different front suspension - different wishbones, hubs and balljoints.   The 407 and 408 share the unusual lower balljoint that I am seeking.

David