The Spring Dinner 2018 has been organised by Mike Murray who kindly offered to run the event. The Dinner will be held at the White Waters Hotel, Llangollen. The proposed dates are 6th-7th April 2018. The itinerary will vary depending on the distance one has to travel, however, it is anticipated that there will be a group dinner on the evening of Friday 6th, various visits to local attractions on Saturday 7th April with, possibly, a speaker for our Spring dinner on Saturday evening then leaving at your leisure on Sunday.
The activities in the area are many and varied. For example:-
- Visit to Portmeirion (of the TV series ‘The Prisoner’ fame)
via views of Bala Lake
- Walk across Thomas Telford’s aqueduct, now a UNESCO World Heritage site
- A trip on the Heritage steam train
- A white water rafting trip down the River Dee
- A horse drawn narrow boat ride along the canal
- Play 18 holes at Llangollen Golf Club
- Climb to the top of Castell Dinas Bran, a 12th century hill fort
- Walk across the medieval bridge, one of the Seven Wonders of Wales
- Visit Gales, Wales’ oldest wine bar
- Enjoy the shops and galleries of Llangollen
- Visit Plas Newydd, a National Trust house and gardens
The predicted costs are £99.95 per room (including full cooked breakfast) for Friday 6 April and £105.95 per room for Saturday 7 April. A 3 course group dinner will be £24.85 per person, not including drinks. A detailed menu will follow nearer the time. A segregated parking area has also been arranged.
The details are not yet finalised but an expression of interest would be greatly appreciated. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, Mike has reserved 10 double rooms with more available but, as with all popular locations, they do get booked up so a speedy response would be appreciated.
The Committee are asking for volunteers to put forward events in their locality. This ensures we get a change of venues and can take advantage of their local knowledge.
Full report to follow
This is a French website report on the 2015 Schloss Dyck event with a section devoted to the Bristol car display. The slide show of 396 photographs is worth viewing, but for those of an impatient temperament the Bristol cars can be found by fast – forwarding to number 145.
The Bristol Owners & Drivers Association is a Member of the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs. Bristol Owners & Drivers Association Ltd is a company limited by Guarantee of £1 per member.
Registered Office: The Old Sawmill, Shawbridge Street, Clitheroe, Lancashire, BB7 1LY
Company Registration No. 07270546. Data Protection Registration Z2297300
This website is the copyright of the Bristol Owners and Drivers Association Ltd.